The Leawood Public Works Department provides a number of services to ensure that Leawood meets or exceeds National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit requirements for stormwater and runoff. These services include:
- Stormwater Management Committee — Providing a forum stormwater concerns
- Sustainability Advisory Board — Promoting “green” options
- Curb Inlet Cleaning — Keeping storm drains clear of leaves and other debris
- Creek Cleanup — Maintaining and improving stream channels (Creek Cleanup Policy)
- Street Sweeping — Keeping debris out of storm drains
- Public Education — Informing Leawood citizens about stormwater and runoff issues
Our public resource education program covers a wide variety of topics concerned with water conservation, pollutants, flooding, rules and regulations and resources available to homeowners and businesses to help them protect our water.