Reports and Records

To file a report with the Leawood Police Department, please contact our Police Communications Specialists at 913-642-7700. They are available 24 hours/day to take your initial information and put you in contact with an officer.

The Leawood Police Department does not issue Protective Orders. This type of judicial order is issued by the Johnson County District Court. You can request an order electronically at their new POP/Protective Order Portal:

Records Unit Specialists can assist you in answering questions about what reports may or may not be available for public release as well as to direct visitors to other departmental services. The Records Unit is open from 8 am to 5 pm on week days. You may also contact them at 913-642-5555, extension 4 for “Records Division.”

If you are submitting an Open Records Request or a Discovery Form (if you are charged with a criminal offense or are an attorney representing a suspect), please send these documents to

Accident Reports

Citizens are able to retrieve copies of minor and injury reports online or by making a request in person:

The Accident Report application works with most modern web browsers (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Opera, Safari), but will not work with Internet Explorer.


In-person requests can be made at:

Leawood Police Department
ATTN: Records Division
4201 Town Center Drive

Leawood, KS 66211

Fatality crash reports are not available, minor accident reports usually take 3-5 working days for completion. Citizens may obtain a copy of an Accident for a fee of fifty cents per page.  Hours are from 8am to 5pm, Monday – Friday, except Holidays.

Non-Arrest Reports

All reports are disseminated in accordance with the Kansas Open Records Act (K.O.R.A.). The only page open to the public is the first page of the report which is called the “face sheet”. Information included on the face sheet is the date, time, address, reporting party, and reporting officer. The exception to this rule is the Identity Theft report which the State of Kansas has determined can be provided to the victim in its entirety. In Theft and Burglary cases the face sheet contains the items listed that were stolen which is particularly helpful to victims reporting losses to insurance companies.

Arrest Reports

Arrested persons or their attorneys are the only persons allowed to obtain arrest reports. This includes juvenile reports as well. The charge for copies of these is fifty cents per page. Additionally, it is the policy of the Johnson County District Attorney’s Office that any criminal and civil case reports routed through that office may only be disseminated through them, not through the Police Department.