The goal of the C.A.P.T.U.R.E. program is to deter crime and promote public safety through collaboration between the Leawood Police Department (LPD) and the communities we serve. Accordingly, by registering your camera system, you are indicating your agreement to the following terms:
- Registration is voluntary and there is no cost associated with registration.
- Registering your system does not provide LPD with direct access to your system or cameras.
- You may ask to remove your system registration at any time.
- Your information will be kept confidential by the LPD unless subject to disclosure by law or court order.
- If there is a crime in the vicinity of your camera(s), you may be contacted by the LPD to request to view or copy the video if it would assist in the investigation or prosecution of a crime.
- Under no circumstances are registrants acting as an agent or employee of the LPD or City of Leawood through their participation in the C.A.P.T.U.R.E. program.
- This program does not and cannot provide active surveillance of your property, and is not to be construed as a promise or obligation to provide any level of safety or security to your property.