The City of Leawood requires the submission of permit applications, along with corresponding plans (as applicable), for:
- Any/all work within existing public right-of-way.
- Any/all traffic control affecting arterial City streets.
- The construction of public infrastructure in new subdivisions/developments.
Prior to submitting a permit application to the City of Leawood, applicant must complete the following:
- Obtain a current Leawood Business License, which can be completed by following the instructions provided here.
- Related inquiries may be directed to the Licensing division, by phone at 913-663-9123, or email – Licensing@leawood.org.
- Submit a current Certificate of Insurance to Public Works Administration (firstname.lastname@example.org). The certificate must meet the following requirements:
- General Liability: Minimum 1,000,000 (Per Occurrence)
- General Liability: Minimum 2,000,000 (Per Aggregate)
- Certificate Holder: City of Leawood, 4800 Town Center Drive, Leawood, KS 66211
Permit applications, and plan submittals as applicable, must be submitted to Public Works Administration, by emailing email@example.com. Please refer to Leawood Requirements of Plan Submissions for more information.
All permit applications will undergo a review process, which may determine the need of possible changes and/or the requirement of additional information/documentation. Upon final approval of the permit application, permit fees may then be processed, and permit is ready for issuance.
**Work shall not begin prior to permit issuance. Per the Current Leawood Fee Schedule, permit fees will be doubled for any work which begins prior to issuance of a ROW permit.
Excavation and/or Renewal Fees will be additionally applied, as applicable.
All related questions may be directed to Public Works Administration at (913) 663-9130.